The body of a four-year-old has been recovered from a Clare Road, Durban home which was gutted by a fire on Monday morning. Picture: The Mercury
The flames were coming from a bedroom on the far side of the house which the child, shared with his parents.
"All I heard was screaming, he was screaming so loud but the flames were so high we couldn't go inside to get him," said Moodley.
The parents, who were not at home on Monday, usually both stayed home with their two youngest children.
Durban Fire divisional commander Alfred Newman said they were called out to the fire just after 9am and found the house engulfed in flames.