Five injured in flat fire in Durban

Comment on this story


IOL pic fire inferno blaze

Flickr.com

Durban -

Five people were treated for smoke inhalation after a flat in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, caught alight on Monday morning, paramedics said.

“Two 16-year-old girls were transported to hospital while three others were treated on scene for smoke inhalation at a flat fire in St George's Street, Durban,” Netcare 911 spokesman Chris Botha said.

One of the 16-year-old girls jumped from the second floor and landed on the roof of a parking area.

“Paramedics climbed onto the roof and after stabilising her on a specialised stretcher they transported the patient and another patient to hospital,” said Botha.

Three elderly people were also treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire would be investigated. - Sapa


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

     

Join us on

IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks

Business Directory