Start making sense of your financial wellness.

Watch the Sitholes every Thursday at 17h30 on e.tv

Boy, 4, electrocuted in N West

Comment on this story


iol pic sa electricity cable

INLSA

Electricity cable. Picture. Herbert Matimba

Mmabatho, North West -

A four-year-old boy was killed by an illegal electricity connection in Mmabatho on Tuesday, North West police said.

He was electrocuted while playing on the locked burglar door at his parents' house in Extension 39 around 2.30pm, Captain Pelonomi Makau said.

Paramedics declared him dead on the scene.

His parents apparently rented out one of the rooms in the house to Bangladeshi nationals, who used it as a tuck shop and created an illegal electrical connection. They had since left, but the room still had the illegal connection.

The homeowners failed to report the matter to Eskom and continued to use the room with the illegal connection.

Local residents called the police, who opened an inquest docket. No arrests were made. - Sapa


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

     

Join us on

IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks

Business Directory