Get IOL's cool new iPad app...
Potchefstroom - A four-year-old toddler's hand was burnt when he put it into a street electricity box in Potchefstroom, in the North West, on Tuesday, paramedics said.
ER24 spokeswoman Vanessa Jackson said the boy was with his parents at a business when he wandered off to play on the pavement.
“He somehow managed to get his little hand into a nearby electricity box,” said Jackson.
His thumb, the palm of his hand and his forearm were extensively burnt, she said.
Paramedics treated him on the scene before he was taken to the Potchefstroom provincial hospital. - Sapa