Woman, 3 kids die due to gas inhalation

Northern Cape

Kimberley - A 50-year-old woman and three chidren were found dead in a backroom in Galeshewe, Kimberley on Saturday, Northern Cape police said.

“There was a gas stove on the scene and at this stage police suspect that the deceased might have died due to gas inhalation,” said spokesman Lt Donald Mdhluli.

Tell a friend

“No foul play is suspected and an inquest docket has been opened.”

The three young girls were aged 3, 9 and 11.

Their bodies were discovered by relatives after noticing that the four did not wake up.

Emergency personnel declared them dead at the scene, Mdhuli said. - Sapa

Tell a friend