Advertisement
logoSections

Bodysurfer stable, search for boy called off

Cape Town - After sustaining several injuries, bodysurfer Anton Magnus has been reported to be in a stable condition at Milnerton Medi-Clinic where he is recuperating.

The 34-year-old Wynberg resident collided with a swimmer at Clifton’s 1st Beach on Wednesday.

Anton Magnus was rescued by lifeguards from the Clifton's Surf Lifesaving Club and airlifted to the clinic. Credit: CAPE ARGUS

Magnus was rescued by lifeguards from the Clifton’s Surf Lifesaving Club and airlifted to the clinic.

“The medical staff at the hospital confirmed that the condition of the patient is stable,” Wilfred Solomons-Johannes, the spokesman for the city’s disaster risk management, said.

It remained unknown what the swimmer’s condition was, Solomons-Johannes said.

Meanwhile, Eastern Cape police said the search had been called off for the body of a 15-year-old boy who was allegedly attacked by a shark at Second Beach, in Port St Johns on Tuesday.

Police spokesman Captain Mduduzi Godlwana said the youngster’s father had confirmed the trousers recovered belonged to his son, Liya Fibili.

Godlwana said the police suspected the boy was “eaten” by a shark. He said the beach had in recent years become a common spot for shark attacks.

It was reported on Thursday that over the past three years, the number of shark attacks at the beach totals six.

SHOW ALL
Advertisement