Guard dies from smoke inhalation

Comment on this story
Copy of iol news pic Er24 ambulance 1 Independent Newspapers Photo: Sizwe Ndingane

Cape Town - A security guard died from smoke inhalation at a house in Hout Bay, Cape Town on Thursday, said paramedics.

She and another female guard were on duty, guarding the house, ER24 spokesman Werner Vermaak said in a statement.

“It appears as if they made a fire in the room to stay warm. They were overcome by smoke and carbon monoxide from the fire,” said Vermaak.

The pair were found by another guard who was reporting for duty.

“He immediately called for help but unfortunately paramedics were unable to revive one of them,” said Vermaak.

The surviving security guard responded to oxygen treatment and was transported to the Victoria Hospital, where she was receiving treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning. - Sapa


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.