Advertisement
logoSections

Guard dies from smoke inhalation

Cape Town - A security guard died from smoke inhalation at a house in Hout Bay, Cape Town on Thursday, said paramedics.

She and another female guard were on duty, guarding the house, ER24 spokesman Werner Vermaak said in a statement.

Photo: Sizwe Ndingane. Credit: Independent Newspapers

“It appears as if they made a fire in the room to stay warm. They were overcome by smoke and carbon monoxide from the fire,” said Vermaak.

The pair were found by another guard who was reporting for duty.

“He immediately called for help but unfortunately paramedics were unable to revive one of them,” said Vermaak.

The surviving security guard responded to oxygen treatment and was transported to the Victoria Hospital, where she was receiving treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning. - Sapa

SHOW ALL
Advertisement