R200 discount for liking us on FB
SA Roadlink plans to apply for an urgent interdict to stop Western Cape traffic officials from continually pulling its buses off the road, according to a report on Wednesday.
Roadlink spokeswoman Tania Smith told the Cape Times that its attorneys were instructed on Tuesday to file court papers.
The company accused provincial transport MEC Robin Carlisle of announcing that Roadlink buses should be “singled out” by traffic authorities.
It said his mandate was causing the company “financial and reputational prejudice”, and its passengers “unwarranted hardship”.
Smith said the company had lost R90 000 as a result. A total of 10 buses had been pulled off in the past month.
Carlisle's spokesman Siphesihle Dube confirmed to the newspaper that the department had received a letter threatening court action.
“The provincial administration will continue to do whatever is within its powers to safeguard the lives of public transport passengers. This includes pulling public transport vehicles off the road,” he said. – Sapa