Several roads across the city will be closed on Saturday in preparation for the clash between English giants Manchester United and Ajax Cape Town at Cape Town Stadium in Green Point.
* Waterkant Street: closed from Lower Burg to Buitengracht streets from 12-7pm in both directions.
* Fritz Sonnenberg Road: closed from Metropolitan Golf Club to McDonald’s entrance from 6am and 7pm, from McDonald’s entrance to Granger Bay Boulevard from noon to 7pm, and between Portswood Road and Granger Bay Boulevard from 6am and 7pm.
* Granger Bay Boulevard: closed between Beach Road and Helen Suzman Boulevard from noon and 7pm.
* Fort Wynard Road: closed from Portswood Road to Granger Bay Boulevard 12-6pm.
* Vlei Road: from Green Point Cricket Club to Fritz Sonnenberg Road, from 6am and 7pm, and between Helen Suzman Boulevard and Fritz Sonnenberg Road 12-7pm.
* Stephan Way will be closed between the Hamiltons Rugby Club and Fritz Sonnenberg Road from noon to 7pm.
* Beach Road will be closed between the Portswood and Haul Road from 4.30-6pm.
* Portswood will be closed on the north-east bound lane between Helen Suzman Boulevard and Beach Road from 4.30pm to 6pm.
* Somerset Road will be closed between Ebenezer Road and Chiappini Street noon to 7pm in the south-east bound lane only, and between Buitengracht and Chiappini streets from noon to 7pm.
* Main Road will be closed between Ebenezer Road and York Street from noon to 7pm for bi-directional traffic. The south-east bound lane will be closed from noon to 7pm.
* Ebenezer Road will be closed between Prestwich Street and Somerset Road from noon to 7pm. Locals will still be able to access the road.
The match kicks off at 3pm and ticketholders should use public transport as there is no parking available.
Trains and MyCiTi shuttles will run on their normal schedule. The transport information centre can be contacted on 0800 65 64 63. Free parking is available at park-and-ride facilities at the Athlone, Ottery, Claremont, Retreat, Fish Hoek, Oosterzee, Goodwood, Kuils River and Strand railway stations.
Parking is also available at Century City railway station for R20 and R10 and GrandWest.
There are free park-and-ride facilities at the UCT upper campus, Maiden’s Cove, in the municipal parking area off Victoria Road. Parking at Kronendal Primary School is R20 per car. Fans can catch free event shuttles on presentation of their match tickets.
Buses from UCT leave every 15 minutes from noon. Last bus from the Civic Centre is at 7.10pm. Buses leave Kronendal Primary School every 15 minutes from noon. The last bus from corner of Main and York roads is at 7pm.
Buses will be at the Civic Centre bus station in Hertzog Boulevard and leave every 15 minutes from noon. The last bus from the stadium is at 7pm.