Get IOL's cool new iPad app...
“How many times can Malema be suspended?” is the question being asked on Twitter as the nation has its say on Julius Malema’s latest suspension.
* @SheriGentleman congratulated Julius on his suspension. “Julius Malema has been suspended more times than Zuma has been married. That’s a great achievement. #WellDoneJulius.”
* The embattled youth leader was referred to Julius “Foolius” Malema in a tweet by @hadebenhlanhla which questioned his “foolish” actions”.
* “So Julius Malema has been sent to the naughty corner,” said @Vukileh.
* Dion Chang: “The ANC needs to write it’s own book: The Long Road To Expulsion.”
* Dailymaverick: “Malema is once, twice, three times suspended”
* “Cebisilegongqo poor Julius Malema he’s been used like a pawn piece on chess game. The ANC has silenced him. I call it knight attack move #checkmate”.
* Karabo rapotu: “how many times does the ANC need to suspend and expel Malema before getting rid of him #confused”
* nigel lees: “He was my friend, faithful and just to me. But Brutus says he was ambitious, And Brutus is an honourable man.”
* Nkululeko Moyo: “Mr #Malema You are expelled yet suspended under the suspension of the expulsion. Please don’t be confused . Yours Truly, the Dictator.”
His suspension caused some confusion among Twitter users.
* I am lost… Wasn’t @Julius_S_Malema expelled? How is he ‘suspended again now? Please explain,” @Siyasanda_M tweeted.
Almost every second tweet included the words “how many times can Julius Malema be suspended?”.
* One tweeter, @CeeKayFreshh, tried to clear up the confusion: “This means that he will no longer be able to speak at ANC or ANCYL conferences.”
Apart from the confusion on the suspension and fun making of Malema, others re-tweeted the question of why the ANC still has not gotten rid of Julius permanently. “When will the ANC learn to stop reprimanding and just say “voestak” now!?”.
* @Niren expressed their opinion about his suspension by saying that Malema is “like a child being grounded all the time. Very soon he will be up for adoption”. This was the response by @GinSA1, “Who would adopt him! Tokyo perhaps?”.
One suggested: “I wonder what job he’s gonna do now. Maybe he’ll pass out nandos flyers” tweeted @violetmduli.