Pretoria - There was nothing new to report on former president Nelson Mandela's hospitalisation, the presidency said on Thursday.
“There's no update at the moment,” spokesman Mac Maharaj said.
“If there are any changes or new information we will give you an update.”
Mandela was flown to a Pretoria hospital from his home in Qunu, in the Eastern Cape, on December 8 for treatment of a recurring lung infection and to have gallstones removed.
Maharaj had said the procedures were successful and Mandela was recovering.
Earlier in the week, President Jacob Zuma said doctors were satisfied that Mandela's progress was consistent with his age.
“They say there is no crisis, but add that they are in no hurry to send him home just yet, until they are satisfied that he has made sufficient progress.” - Sapa