Get IOL's cool new iPad app...
North West - Lonmin mineworkers on Friday were preparing to travel to the Eastern Cape and Lesotho to bury the last batch of their colleagues who were killed during violent protests.
Buses and minibus taxis arrived in Nkaneng squatter camp in Wonderkop on Thursday night to transport the striking miners.
They had vowed not to heed the call to return to work after a peace accord was signed by negotiating parties.
The miners said they would march to Lonmin's Karee mine again on Monday to make sure none of their colleagues was at work.
The parties to the accord included unions Solidarity, Uasa and the National Union of Mineworkers, the department of labour, and Lonmin.
The workers' representatives and Amcu did not sign.
“We will be back on Sunday, and then we will march to Karee again on Monday,” said workers' representative Xolani Nzunza.
On Thursday, Lonmin said it had agreed together with the unions to invite Amcu and the workers' representatives to participate in wage negotiations.
The wage talks would be facilitated by the CCMA.
The miners are demanding a R12,500 wage increase across the board.
At least 34 people were killed in Wonderkop during a clash with police last month. Ten others were killed in the preceding week. - Sapa