Diners at top eatery hit by virus

Comment on this story
soft lighting dinner sxc sxc.hu Let me clarify; not every solo meal eaten in the country (and thus in the survey) is eaten by someone who lives alone and is desperate for human company.

 

Copenhagen - Dozens of guests at a top-rated Danish restaurant were recently hit with a stomach virus that causes vomiting and diarrhoea, the Danish Food Administration said Friday.

“We are really sorry,” said Peter Kreiner, chief executive of Noma, which has two Michelin Stars and has been named the world's best restaurant for the last three years by Britain's Restaurant magazine.

An employee who did not show symptoms associated with the stomach bug, also known as gastroenteritis, was the likely carrier of the virus.

Kreiner said in a statement that the restaurant was discussing how to compensate 63 guests affected during February 12-16 and had taken measures to disinfect the kitchen.

The Danish food agency said it has for the time being dropped its elite Smiley designation for the restaurant. The Smiley-scheme introduced in 2001 helps consumers monitor how stores and restaurants comply with food regulations.

Food lovers often have to book months ahead to taste dishes created by chef Rene Redzepi and his staff. - Sapa-dpa


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

  5. Verified email addresses: All users on Independent Media news sites are now required to have a verified email address before being allowed to comment on articles. You are only required to verify your email address once to have full access to commenting on articles. For more information please read our comment guidelines