Four workers at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant will file a lawsuit against operator Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) and others to pay a total of 90 million yen in danger allowances, a report said on Tuesday.
Two of the four still work at the plant that suffered a triple meltdown after the 2011 earthquake and tsunami, and still face dangerous conditions, the Fukushima Minyu newspaper reported.
It is the first suit brought by current employees concerning labour conditions, the paper quoted their lawyer Tsuguo Hirota as saying.
One of the workers was quoted by broadcaster NHK as saying he had been reluctant to voice his concerns over fear of losing his job, but that he felt the lawsuit would make it easier for others to speak up.
He also said he is worried about his health because of radiation exposure.
A spokesman for Tepco said the company had not received a written complaint and was not aware of the details of the lawsuit. - Sapa-dpa