Advertisement

Hungry dog starts major house fire

Vienna -

A dog left home alone in Austria started a major house fire by switching on an electric hotplate with its paw while pinching food temptingly perched on top, police said on Thursday.

The New Year's Day blaze in the western town of Steeg is believed to have started after the paper wrapping on the food then caught fire on the stove, Tyrol state police said.

About 140 volunteer firefighters with 18 fire engines worked for three hours to put out the flames. No one was injured in the blaze but the animal's snack proved to be its last. - Sapa-AFP

SHOW ALL
Advertisement