Cricket fraudster will not back down

Comment on this story

Rajan_Moodaley2

Gallo Images

Convicted fraudster Rajan Moodaley looks set to take over the Eastern Province Cricket Board presidency.

Rajan Moodaley has declined to back down from standing for the Eastern Province cricket presidency despite an uproar over his nomination because he is a convicted fraudster.

“I have always and will always have cricket at heart, I'm not in it for the free tickets, drink and food,” said Moodaley.

“I want to look after cricket's best interests. So yes, I am still in the race for the presidency.”

News of his nomination came as Cricket South Africa (CSA) was preparing for a special general meeting set to result in the ousting of president Mthuthuzeli Nyoka on Saturday.

Moodaley was the sole nominee for the vacant president post at EP cricket.

Elections for posts in the audit and risk portfolio and the presidency of the body take place on October 21.

This means local cricket could be embroiled in a further controversy with his possible appointment.

In 2004, Moodaley was found guilty by the Port Elizabeth Commercial Crimes Court of five counts of fraud totalling R79,950.

He fraudulently claimed payment from the Eastern Province Cricket Board, CSA and the SA Cricket Scorers' Association for scoring duties he did not perform.

He was fined R30,000 or two years' imprisonment, and a further two years' imprisonment suspended for five years.

Moodaley is an ex-president of the Eastern Province Umpires' Association and the Eastern Province Cricket Scorers' Association,

CSA's nomination committee head Ray Mali backed the nomination of the fraudster saying he saw no reason why Moodaley could not run for the presidential post.

“I see nothing wrong in his nomination,” said Mali.

“He has been part of the correct structures as the president of the most powerful board in EP cricket (Nelson Mandela Bay Cricket Board).

“The priority is finding a president and the criteria the nominations committee works on is based on the cricket knowledge and contribution made by the nominee and Moodaley has served the game well.”

Moodaley's nomination and the election of new EP cricket board members – who are said to be allies of the fraudster – led to the withdrawal of incumbent president Donovan May.

May said: “Just looking at the new board, I can't work with those guys... and have decided not to stand.”

Moodaley is said to have mobilised support for his nomination from the majority of previously disadvantaged clubs which do not play in the main EP league.

They outnumber the clubs opposed to his nomination. – Sapa

Comment Guidelines

1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

Darth Vader, wrote

01:06pm on 14 October 2011
IOL Comments

He has got a "moer my gesig..."

Anonymous, wrote

07:45am on 14 October 2011
IOL Comments

Majola, stole the money, NOT Nyoka. Oh hang on Nyoka, exposed all the lies and theft - so now he must go? No Majola you brought Cricket into DISREPUTE, now the whole CSA Board are questionable, all must go. Please NO SPONSORS until they do! Shame on you all! Go, go, go, go!

Anonymous, wrote

06:51pm on 13 October 2011
IOL Comments

Yay, now we lead the world in crooked.

Grant P, wrote

06:38pm on 13 October 2011
IOL Comments

When the masters are thieves fraudsters how can you expect the lackies to be any better

jabberwocke, wrote

06:27pm on 13 October 2011
IOL Comments

Fully agree with Sandra's comments. Sponser's should threaten to pull the plug

andile, wrote

05:39pm on 13 October 2011
IOL Comments

If he goes then Majola and crew must also go and Not Nyoka!

Sandra, wrote

05:32pm on 13 October 2011
IOL Comments

Words fail me. Surely South African cricket fans, players and sponsors can do something to stop this madness.

Showing items 1 - 7 of 7

Join us on

IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks IOL-Social networks
sbobo736
I'm a 27 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 45.
Ticom_199
I'm a 29 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 29 and 45.
FiftyshadesB
I'm a 40 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 32 and 45.
hlehle888
I'm a 41 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 45 and 50.
mitch09
I'm a 29 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 40.
MASESHIA
I'm a 28 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 27 and 40.
ntando_784
I'm a 34 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 40 and 50.
MissD123
I'm a 39 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 36 and 47.
Rosey903
I'm a 40 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 38 and 45.
mcgoyer
I'm a 26 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 27 and 35.
Sweetlipsss627
I'm a 21 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 50.
vicky74
I'm a 40 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 38 and 45.
Voicelady
I'm a 40 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 50.
PrincessEdelweiss
I'm a 43 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 50.
Curvz
I'm a 41 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 38 and 45.
TABIEE
I'm a 29 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 40 and 100.
Mbaliholysexyness
I'm a 19 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 19 and 27.
xoxohayleyxoxo
I'm a 26 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 18 and 100.
Noks76
I'm a 38 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 37 and 45.
0cean_ntr
I'm a 38 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 45.
Royalness
I'm a 29 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 30 and 45.
Yahoo
I'm a 42 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 41 and 60.
ME_JE
I'm a 43 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 50.
nwaolisa
I'm a 31 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 32 and 41.
skati43
I'm a 43 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 45 and 60.
tkay011
I'm a 23 year old woman looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 45.
maria8022
I'm a 34 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 40 and 60.
armor2014
I'm a 55 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 45 and 70.
lulubaby
I'm a 33 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 30 and 70.
smilyz
I'm a 43 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 48.
J_Tot
I'm a 30 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 30 and 40.
kiara_111
I'm a 24 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 26 and 35.
briluu
I'm a 24 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 27 and 37.
FanceFace
I'm a 27 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 28 and 45.
Sweatma72
I'm a 42 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 45.
Melone
I'm a 27 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 30 and 42.
danda100
I'm a 47 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 37 and 52.
ranga322
I'm a 32 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 31 and 40.
TT200
I'm a 25 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 35.
Dudutuli246
I'm a 34 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 50.
Blaq_chic
I'm a 26 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 45.
zama1zn
I'm a 37 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 38 and 47.
Bathandwa83
I'm a 31 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 31 and 47.
spesy59
I'm a 35 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 32 and 40.
marryme2014
I'm a 34 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 37 and 45.
Garnet3107
I'm a 44 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 45.
Dlodlolas75
I'm a 39 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 43 and 49.
mello_185
I'm a 26 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 60.
Noxy727
I'm a 27 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 30 and 36.
CYAGal
I'm a 28 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 50.
pumpania
I'm a 27 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 28 and 40.
Baabbygirl
I'm a 27 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 27 and 36.
fiksBee
I'm a 25 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 26 and 40.
Nola_505
I'm a 40 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 47.
Thel_89_zzz
I'm a 25 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 30 and 45.
LadyJimpster
I'm a 23 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 22 and 28.
RareT0paz
I'm a 35 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 38 and 60.
RealBlackPearl
I'm a 22 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 35.
Mistry_lady
I'm a 41 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 45.
Shazzyyyy
I'm a 29 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 28 and 35.
curvalicious
I'm a 30 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 45.
kncyLuv
I'm a 28 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 27 and 45.
Casiopiea40
I'm a 44 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 50.
ProVoq
I'm a 43 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 50 and 70.
Funfoodie3012
I'm a 49 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 45 and 55.
Roroe
I'm a 26 year old woman looking to meet men and women between the ages of 22 and 30.
Cyndilouper
I'm a 35 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 30 and 45.
MeltChocolate
I'm a 35 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 40 and 50.
hellena_596
I'm a 37 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 37 and 45.
Sthandwasakhesit
I'm a 29 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 30 and 35.
kafze
I'm a 29 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 29 and 45.
mako_001
I'm a 35 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 70.
leez83
I'm a 31 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 42.
Bonwel
I'm a 30 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 32 and 36.
ally_charmy80
I'm a 34 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 40 and 55.
Rivee
I'm a 24 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 26 and 32.
samke_722
I'm a 22 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 22 and 25.
Smashizo
I'm a 29 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 32 and 37.
Mag137
I'm a 60 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 57 and 67.
gloml66
I'm a 48 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 40 and 58.
Leematt
I'm a 25 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 29.
ChocLatte
I'm a 44 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 40 and 60.
Zama101
I'm a 29 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 29 and 100.
Leratomntande
I'm a 23 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 30.
LolliCandy
I'm a 20 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 21 and 35.
sweetnessmgm
I'm a 26 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 40 and 63.
LavishT
I'm a 21 year old woman looking to meet men and women between the ages of 25 and 27.
Calmine
I'm a 24 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 40.
vengodess
I'm a 27 year old woman looking to meet men and women between the ages of 25 and 100.
joocypie
I'm a 28 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 27 and 45.
fungi1971
I'm a 43 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 40 and 50.
Foxy88
I'm a 22 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 33.
DDeeZA
I'm a 45 year old woman looking to meet women between the ages of 19 and 50.
SexLips
I'm a 26 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 45.
kgotlas
I'm a 34 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 30 and 45.
honeybee_036
I'm a 25 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 50.
sassyfoxylady101
I'm a 33 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 45.
simphy337
I'm a 30 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 45.
kauwel
I'm a 40 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 39 and 55.
BOTSHELOMAN
I'm a 32 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 35 and 42.
Lucky123nxt
I'm a 36 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 40.
Jabz_0
I'm a 29 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 36.
Thamza_77
I'm a 37 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 35.
GD1
I'm a 70 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 55 and 65.
lmn4life
I'm a 37 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 28 and 35.
shiva709
I'm a 56 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 45 and 56.
alpha114
I'm a 34 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 35.
JonnyBee
I'm a 26 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 19 and 28.
Oupa0414
I'm a 29 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 33.
loner729
I'm a 40 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 45.
Jb24golf
I'm a 40 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 30 and 45.
bobbylava
I'm a 35 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 31.
bloodmoney370
I'm a 43 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 30 and 50.
Rendzo
I'm a 47 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 45.
bigbhele
I'm a 34 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 55.
CoolnCalm
I'm a 35 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 45.
Masterrapture
I'm a 49 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 21 and 45.
MGW
I'm a 62 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 35 and 65.
shooter_949
I'm a 51 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 20 and 50.
Seriousaboutlife325
I'm a 38 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 100.
SSBK547P
I'm a 39 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 30.
mesut909
I'm a 45 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 55.
gothicD
I'm a 44 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 37.
Terror000
I'm a 28 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 45.
TuEsDAy
I'm a 52 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 35 and 55.
THOKZANHLA
I'm a 44 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 44.
Deathrow5662
I'm a 39 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 35.
Mxo87
I'm a 27 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 30.
IceTy
I'm a 42 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 42.
lookingforfunza
I'm a 36 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 20 and 40.
mixido2
I'm a 39 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 35.
mattgeah
I'm a 31 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 40.
Eriqnes
I'm a 33 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 21 and 35.
STONE_228
I'm a 42 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 35.
tsvoritsvoto
I'm a 27 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 25.
Sabloma
I'm a 45 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 20 and 35.
Bento1
I'm a 52 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 38 and 50.
sweetman465
I'm a 67 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 48 and 62.
GWL321
I'm a 58 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 46 and 56.
Fanzonator
I'm a 28 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 45.
Phistos_Number_1
I'm a 38 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 30 and 40.
bangstar
I'm a 22 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 19 and 23.
sbo123sss
I'm a 30 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 45.
TSKgosiemang
I'm a 52 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 35 and 50.
LIONKING915
I'm a 59 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 38 and 50.
dlarah
I'm a 45 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 30 and 40.
Satisfactor99
I'm a 37 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 35.
Smooth_Kriminal
I'm a 27 year old man looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 45.
tripplekkkk
I'm a 37 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 30.
mcD
I'm a 39 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 40.
mfhalim
I'm a 42 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 35.
dev_xoxox52
I'm a 53 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 41 and 65.
Mpeks
I'm a 22 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 30.
tonym
I'm a 44 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 24 and 35.
Siwithpie
I'm a 44 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 23 and 45.
Diva1308
I'm a 43 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 100.
Moxion
I'm a 27 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 35.
Ernie_Manyesa
I'm a 32 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 20 and 45.
Henry071
I'm a 28 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 35.
Wyne_
I'm a 27 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 20 and 29.
PoundzMm
I'm a 23 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 23 and 30.
charged
I'm a 40 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 35.
Thulani1234
I'm a 42 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 27 and 45.
Ophion
I'm a 21 year old man looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 45.
Kelvin7777
I'm a 50 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 42 and 56.
Shadra143
I'm a 22 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 45.
Siyabulela90
I'm a 24 year old man looking to meet men between the ages of 25 and 45.
Chacal
I'm a 44 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 30 and 40.
wanagetyou
I'm a 39 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 32.
hawk619
I'm a 44 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 35 and 45.
Washe
I'm a 37 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 33.
Minkh
I'm a 30 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 29.
Qtip
I'm a 30 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 26 and 32.
Gemini24
I'm a 45 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 30 and 45.
catcher182
I'm a 22 year old man looking to meet men between the ages of 20 and 24.
GastFR
I'm a 39 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 39.
Clownstotheleftofme
I'm a 45 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 32 and 41.
Mok_01
I'm a 42 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 28 and 35.
myth909
I'm a 34 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 45.
Vbe2014
I'm a 37 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 30.
gario
I'm a 54 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 50.
Deejay_homy
I'm a 46 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 42.
Dalubuhle
I'm a 27 year old man looking to meet men between the ages of 26 and 45.
Ma1010n
I'm a 26 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 45.
gwbyo
I'm a 41 year old man looking to meet men between the ages of 21 and 40.
Lawrence218
I'm a 26 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 39.
choeu
I'm a 42 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 45.
Jono693
I'm a 42 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 25 and 45.
dlalo
I'm a 44 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 18 and 100.

Business Directory