fast little loans
Opening batsman Richard Levi has not yet come to terms with the magnitude of his record knock at the weekend as the Proteas prepare for the deciding T20 International against New Zealand in Auckland on Wednesday.
“It hasn't really sunk in for me,” Levi said on Tuesday.
“I woke up after Sunday, went for a run, had breakfast and everything was normal, so I'm still coming to terms with what has happened.
“The focus for me right now is to help the team to win the series and I hope that we can do that tomorrow.”
Levi, 24, raced to his maiden century off 45 balls and smashed 13 sixes for an unbeaten 117 in only his second international match, paving the way as South Africa levelled the three-match series in Hamilton.
Proteas captain AB de Villiers was confident that Levi would not let his previous heroics affect his performance as they looked to secure a series win.
“He played an amazing knock, he is a humble guy, he is down to earth and I'm pretty sure that he will find his feet tomorrow and start from zero again,” the skipper said.
“It's 1-1, everything is starting over and hopefully we have a good game again tomorrow.”
Cricket SA said earlier Tuesday that Levi would return home after the final T20 game, as previously planned, and would not stay on for the three-match ODI series which starts in Wellington on Saturday. – Sapa
I admire the selectors, glad that they at least have a plan and are not just reacting. Whether Smith is still the answer to open is highly debatable.
AB I feel sorry for you as I think the selectors no not what they are doing!!!
BIG MISTAKE SACU... bring that other guy back....what is his name?????oh yes smith.!!!
Showing items 1 - 3 of 3