Moyes in clear over bar brawl

Comment on this story
moyes jul 30 AFP Former United manager David Moyes will face no action following a British police probe into reports he had been involved in a bar scuffle.

London – Former Manchester United manager David Moyes will face no action following an investigation into reports he was involved in a bar altercation, British police announced on Wednesday.

“After careful consideration of all the circumstances in this case it has been decided that no further action will be taken against anyone,” said a spokesman from Lancashire Police.

Moyes, who was sacked by United in April, was investigated after 23-year-old builder Josh Gillibrand claimed to have been attacked at a wine bar in the town of Clitheroe in northwest England on May 21.

The 51-year-old Scot was subsequently interviewed by police, who said at the time that there were “a number of differing accounts” about what had happened.

“A thorough investigation has been carried out and everyone identified as having been involved in this incident or having witnessed it have provided accounts to the police,” the police spokesman added.

“All these accounts were given voluntarily, it has not been necessary to arrest any person. These accounts have been considered and it has been decided that this is the most appropriate course of action.”

Moyes succeeded legendary former United manager Alex Ferguson a year ago, but was dismissed after only 10 months in the role following a disastrous maiden campaign at Old Trafford. – Sapa-AFP



sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.