Balotelli withdraws appeal, accepts club fine

Comment on this story
Balotelli_Mancini1 AFP Mario Balotelli has accepted a fine of two weeks' wages from Manchester City after withdrawing his appeal against disciplinary action taken against him by the Premier League champions, the club said.

London - Mario Balotelli has accepted a fine of two weeks' wages from Manchester City after withdrawing his appeal against disciplinary action taken against him by the Premier League champions, the club said on Wednesday.

The Italian striker, who was fined by City after a series of well-documented misdemeanours on and off the pitch last season, had been due to have his case heard by a Premier League panel on Wednesday but the hearing was cancelled.

“After amicable talks between the parties, as a sign of respect for (coach) Roberto Mancini, the supporters and the club, Mario Balotelli has chosen to accept a two-week fine levied upon him by the Club and withdraw his disciplinary appeal,” a City statement said.

“Mario remains available for selection for all forthcoming fixtures.”

Reuters


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.