at the Union Buildings in Pretoria
London - Carlos Tevez has admitted that his fall-out with manager Roberto Mancini has done him some good - and that he relishes playing football again.
The 28-year-old Manchester City striker was involved in a furious public row with Mancini last year when he refused to come on as a substitute in the Champions League against Bayern Munich. But Tevez, who has scored in each of City’s first four matches this season, said: ‘For better or worse, the fight with Mancini was good for me. I am enjoying football again, which is what I wanted, to feel this hunger for glory and to be happy.’
The row and lack of playing time following his bust-up at City meant that Tevez was also dropped from the Argentina side and he is not part of their squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay on Friday and Peru next Tuesday.
But Tevez added: ‘The national team is fine without me and I am fine without it. I shouldn’t make a big deal out of it, and let (coach) Alejandro Sabella work in peace.’
Meanwhile, Galatasaray appear to have failed to sign City defender Kolo Toure, 31, who they were hoping to register before UEFA’s Champions League deadline at midnight last night. Toure’s adviser Saif Rubie, said: ‘Kolo’s flattered by the interest from Galatasaray but he’s happy at Man City.’