London – Manchester United will make one last effort to lure Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona if the Spain midfielder finds himself out of the team at the Nou Camp at the start of the Spanish season.
United seemed to end their pursuit of Fabregas last week after he told a press conference that he wanted to stay at his current club.
“We respects Cesc’s decision,” said United.
However, they are still monitoring Fabregas’s situation and will consider one final bid in excess of £32million if the former Arsenal player starts the La Liga season on the bench.
He will not play in Barcelona’s season opener against Levante on Sunday after spraining ankle ligaments in a tour game in Malaysia last weekend.
However he should be fit for next Wednesday’s Spanish Super Cup game against Atletico Madrid and there are then four more La Liga games scheduled before the transfer window closes at the end of August.
United will keep a close eye on these matches.
One reason United manager David Moyes was led to believe Fabregas might leave the Nou Camp was his dissatisfaction at playing second fiddle to Xavi and Andres Iniesta in the Barca midfield. – Daily Mail