Kroos refuses to confirm Real dealComment on this story
Rio de Janeiro - On the eve of their World Cup quarter-final against France, Germany's Toni Kroos on Thursday refused to confirm a Spanish media report that he has already signed for Real Madrid.
Spanish newspaper Marca claim a deal worth 25 million euros (R364m) has been struck between Real and Kroos's Bayern Munich to bring the midfielder to Spain.
But the 24-year-old said nothing will be confirmed until after the World Cup finishes as his team take on France on Friday at Rio de Janeiro's iconic Maracana stadium.
“Nothing is yet decided, I want to concentrate fully on the tournament and the World Cup,” said Kroos, whose Bayern contract expires in June 2015 and has so far failed to agree an extension.
“When the World Cup is over, a decision will be made and announced.”
Kroos has started all four of Germany's World Cup matches so far as an attacking midfielder and has been linked to both Manchester United and Barcelona.
Germany coach Joachim Loew was a little more forthright when he commented on the Real Madrid reports.
“I spoke to Toni briefly today about the Real Madrid announcement, he has not signed a contract and has had no contact with Real Madrid,” said Loew.
“He is focused on the World Cup and if he has taken a decision, it will only be announced after the World Cup.”