Raonic moves up in latest rankingsComment on this story
Paris – Canadian Milos Raonic moved back up to sixth in the latest ATP rankings published Monday following his victory in Washington last week.
Raonic had held that position following a strong performance at Wimbledon last month in which he reached the semi-finals, before dropping below Spain's David Ferrer.
But now the 23-year-old is even closing in on a top five spot as he trails Czech Tomas Berdych by just 35 points.
Another Canadian, Vasek Pospisil, the beaten finalist in Washington, climbed nine places to 27.
The biggest mover, though, was Belgian David Goffin, who stretched his winning run to 20 matches by claiming the Kitzbuehel tournament, pushing him up 30 places to 48th.
Other movers in the top 10 were Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov and Britain's Andy Murray, up a place each to eighth and ninth respectively while Argentine Juan Martin Del Potro dropped two places to 10th.
Serbia's Novak Djokovic remained top of the rankings ahead of Spaniard Rafael Nadal, with Roger Federer a distant third.
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 13,130 points
2. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 12,670
3. Roger Federer (SUI) 6,070
4. Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) 5,770
5. Tomas Berdych (CZE) 4,410
6. Milos Raonic (CAN) 4,375 (+1)
7. David Ferrer (ESP) 4,085
8. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) 3,270 (+1)
9. Andy Murray (GBR) 3,060 (+1)
10. Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) 2,860 (-2)
11. Kei Nishikori (JPN) 2,780
12. Ernests Gulbis (LAT) 2,680 (+1)
13. Richard Gasquet (FRA) 2,460 (+1)
14. John Isner (USA) 2,435 (-1)
15. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 1,910
16. Roberto Bautista Agut (ESP) 1,785
17. Alexander Dolgopolov (UKR) 1,680
18. Marin Cilic (CRO) 1,665
18. Fabio Fognini (ITA) 1,665
20. Tommy Robredo (ESP) 1,645 – Sapa-AFP