Shop our latest arrivals for shoes & apparel now!
Brittany Murphy's father claims a second lab test proves his daughter was murdered.
Angelo Bertolotti has had two independent companies test tissue and the hair of his late daughter - who died suddenly in 2009 at her home in Los Angeles - which he says prove she was poisoned as they show toxic heavy metals, ingredients common in rodenticides or pesticides, found on her.
He told Examiner.com: "These new lab results re-confirm what we already knew. I never doubted the previous test results, but decided to get a second opinion. The original lab was unfairly slandered by Bruce Goldberger [a friend of Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter], who called it a, 'Kind of a fly-by-night laboratory'. It was unethical for Goldberger to offer his incorrect opinions to media outlets, given his conflict of interest.
"In 2009, he was opining that Brittany died of a drug overdose, just like Heath Ledger. Goldberger was wrong then and he's certainly wrong now. I'm not impressed with his obsessive efforts to squash any inquiry into my daughter's untimely demise."
Despite Angelo's assertions, Brittany's mother has been adamant he is only trying to cash in on his late daughter.
When he first announced he felt Brittany had been murdered, Sharon Murphy said: "I have no choice now but to come forward in the face of inexcusable efforts to smear my daughter's memory by a man who may be her biological father, but was never a real father to her in her lifetime.
"This lab report conveniently ignores what any good scientist will tell you: A hair sample can be affected by many outside factors, including hair dye, hair spray, prescription medications, foods, smoking the occasional cigarette and environmental factors.
"One cause we now know may have been toxic mould that was eventually discovered in that house - which may have been what really killed her.
"We will never know for sure. However, we do know the Los Angeles County Coroner did extensive tests and found that she died of natural causes. And now she is a real living angel in heaven."
Brittany's husband, Simon Monjack, died just five months after his wife, with both deaths attributed to acute pneumonia and severe anaemia, which it is thought could have been caused by the toxic mould.