Advertisement
logoSections

Douglas is glad to be working

London - Michael Douglas is feeling good following his cancer battle.

The 68-year-old actor revealed in 2010 that he had been diagnosed with stage-four throat cancer but after successfully undergoing treatment, Michael is optimistic about his health and excited to be working.

Actor Michael Douglas (right) and his wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones, arrive for a Vanity Fair party at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York on April 17, 2012. Douglas has blamed a virus contracted during oral sex for the throat cancer he developed in 2010. File photo: Lucas Jackson, Reuters. Credit: Reuters

He told USA Today: “So far everything is good. I just finished my six-month check-up a couple of days ago. I'm working a lot. I just happened on some good material.”

While the Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps star is in remission, his medical treatment was so harsh that his weight plummeted.

Around the time he announced his illness, Michael confessed he couldn't forgive the doctors who at first failed to notice that he had cancer.

He said: “I went and saw a round of doctors in January-February and they didn't pick up anything. They gave me some antibiotics and then I went and saw a round of doctors again in May and still nothing. Then my tongue started bothering me and by the time I took off for the summer and came back in August, I told my doctor 'Hey, something's going on.'

“I understand it's a very difficult cancer to find. It was under the tongue and it's unusual, but I'm still doing my homework on it. I would say I have not forgiven... stage two would have been nicer than stage four.” - Bang Showbiz

SHOW ALL
Advertisement