Advertisement
X

Lohan crash case settled out of court

London - Lindsay Lohan has settled her car crash case.

The 'Mean Girls' star is believed to have come to an out of court agreement with the driver of the truck she crashed into while driving a rented Porsche 911S along the Pacific Coast Highway in 2012, causing $80,000 worth of damage.

Actress Lindsay Lohan addresses reporters during a news conference at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah on January 20, 2014. Credit: Chris Pizzello /Invision/AP

The 27-year-old star - who initially tried to claim that it had been her assistant at the wheel of the vehicle - was being sued by James Johnson for mental and physical suffering.

However, it is thought James decided to keep the matter out of court after coming to a payout agreement with Lindsay's advisors this week, reports TMZ.

According to the driver's lawyer, Carrington Snyer, from the Vititoe Law Group, Lindsay is said to have taken full responsibility for the crash, although the undisclosed sum will come from Lindsay's insurance company rather the star herself.

The 'Herbie: Fully Loaded' actress was ordered to complete 90-days of court-ordered rehab following the June 2012 accident after lying to officers at the scene.

When discussing the accident on 'The Tonight Show' earlier this year, the former child star insisted her legal problems were in the past and said she was grateful to legendary talk show host Oprah Winfrey for helping her get her life back on track.

She said: "That is the past. I feel really lucky to be able to work with someone like Oprah and create. I have a really strong bond with her where I can call her for advice and she has become someone I can learn from in life." - BANG Showbiz

SHOW ALL
Advertisement