Keeping it in the familyComment on this story
Bollywood is perhaps the only film industry in the world to have family dynasties ruling the roost. This has been the trend for decades and if the line-up of siblings all set for B-Town is any indication, this isn’t about to change, Bollywood Hungama’s Joginder Tuteja reports
ARMAAN Jain: Cousin of Kareena Kapoor: This is one debut that would be much awaited, considering the array of names involved. Armaan Jain has a massive lineage to live up to and those who have entrusted him with delivering the goods are none other than Saif Ali Khan, who is producing Lekar Hum Deewana Dil along with Sunil Lulla and Dinesh Vijan, and Imtiaz Ali, whose brother Arif Ali is directing.
lIsabel Kaif: Sister of Katrina Kaif: This could well turn out to be one of the most high-profile launches of 2014.
Isabel has completed the shoot for Vinay Virmani’s Dr Cabbie which has backing by Salman Khan. An international film with a strong Indian connect to it, one waits to see how it presents Isabel on the screen, considering Katrina is already a superstar.
• Akshara Haasan: Sister of Shruti Haasan: It was just a matter of time before the acting bug bit Akshara, too.
This has happened now that she is all set to make her debut with director R Balki. Interestingly titled Shamitabh, the film has Amitabh Bachchan in the lead along with Dhanush who made a terrific debut last year with Raanjhanaa.
• Aparshakti Khurranna: Brother of Ayushmann Khurranna: Although the turn of events hasn’t really been high-profile, the fact remains that Ayushmann’s brother Aparshakti is all set to make his debut pretty soon. He has already shot for the Manoj Bajpayee film Saat Uchakkey in Delhi.
The film is in post-production and one waits to see if Aparshakti has trodden the same path as Ayushmann or brought in something different on screen.
• Luv Sinha: Brother of Sonakshi Sinha: This is going to be one relaunch that should make for an interesting watch.
After the release and debacle of Sadiyaan, it had seemed that curtains were down for Luv. With not many Brownie points gained on the acting front either, Luv was in hibernation for some time. However, there is a shot in the arm that is come in now, what with producer Ekta Kapoor putting her money on the youngster.
• Harshvardhan: Brother of Sonam Kapoor: This one should be a biggie. Just like Kapoor who got the biggest possible launch with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya many moons back, brother Harshvardhan, too, is all set for a high-profile debut in a film that would be directed by none other than Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. Titled Mirza Sahiban, it is said to be a love tragedy based on a legendary love story, albeit with a contemporary touch.
• Sakshi Khanna: Brother of Akshaye and Rahul Khanna: Although Akshaye’s career as an actor has gone nowhere and Rahul never seemed inclined to pick one in Bollywood, the third Khanna in the family, Sakshi, is all set to kick-start his B-Town foray.
Unconfirmed reports indicate that his debut would be with a Milan Luthria film, though there is an air of secrecy around whether it would be just produced or also directed by the man behind The Dirty Picture.
• Johny Baweja: Cousin of Harman Baweja: While Harman recently had a release in Dishkiyaaoon, his cousin Johny has already gone ahead and wrapped up his debut Bollywood flick. A thriller, Sun Ladki is directed by Ishaan Trivedi who made 7 1/2 Phere and Radio earlier.
• Barbie Handa: Cousin of Priyanka Chopra: Barbie has been in the news for some time although one still waits to see her on the big screen.
The wait should be over this year, though, as she is all set to make her Bollywood debut with Anubhav Sinha production Zid that has been directed by Vivek Agnihotri.
She would have to match up to huge expectations, considering Priyanka made a huge mark with her debut film as a leading lady, Andaaz. – bollywoodhungama.com