Calling all fans of the epic superhero adventure, Marvel’s The Avengers! Think you know the Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor better than anyone else on the globe? Well, put yourself to the test with this quiz on Marvel’s sci-fi blockbuster.
SECTION ONE: MOVIE MANIA
This section includes tricky teasers on the movie’s epic story and the super-tough, super-cool superheroes. Put your thinking cap on and get to work!
1. Which Shield character wears an eye- patch in Marvel’s The Avengers?
2. What is Agent Coulson’s first name?
3. What colour is Black Widow’s hair?
4. What’s the name of the evil Asgardian character who arrives on Earth through the Tesseract?
5. Who calls Black Widow on a cellphone in the middle of her interrogation?
6. To which New York airport does Pepper Potts ask for a ride?
7. How many horns can be found on Loki’s headwear?
8. What number can be seen on the side of the Shield helicarrier?
9. How much money does Steve Rogers give Nick Fury for a bet?
10. What is the colour of Thor’s cape?
11. What silver symbol can be found on Captain America’s chest?
12. In which country does Black Widow find Bruce Banner?
13. Name the actor who plays Captain America in the movie.
14. Which superhero saves Black Widow from the Hulk on the helicarrier?
15. What is Black Widow’s real name?
16. What is the first letter blown off the Stark logo on Stark Tower in New York City?
17. What two words does the Hulk say about Loki?
18. What game do we see Marvel icon Stan Lee playing in the final scene of the movie?
19. What type of food does Tony Stark suggest the superheroes try?
SECTION TWO: WHO SAID WHAT?
Can you match up the movie quotes with the correct characters from Marvel’s The Avengers? Choose between Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers, Nick Fury, Black Widow and Hawkeye.
1. “Sir, please put down the spear!”
2. “Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?”
3. “Really? They want me in a submerged pressurised container?”
4. “I slept for 70 years, sir. I think I’ve had my fill.”
5. “I need a distraction. And an eyeball.”
SECTION THREE: TRUE OR FALSE?
The final section of The Mighty Marvel Movie Quiz is simple: true or false?
1. Loki and Thor are brothers. True or false?
2. Loki turns up in Stuttgard after stealing the Tesseract. True or false?
3. Joss Whedon directed Marvel’s The Avengers. True or false?
4. Tony Stark wears an Iron Maiden T-shirt in the movie. True or false?
5. There is a huge letter “S” in the middle of the helipad on Stark Tower.
SECTION ONE: MOVIE MANIA:
1. Nick Fury
5. Agent Coulson
6. La Guardia
11. A star
13. Chris Evans
15. Natasha Romanov
16. The letter “K”
17. “Puny God!”
2. Black Widow
3. Bruce Banner
4. Steve Rogers
4. False. It’s a Black Sabbath T-shirt.
HOW DID YOU DO?
If you correctly answered 0-10 questions…
Oh dear! You’re not the most sharp-eyed viewer of Marvel’s The Avengers – but don’t let that put you off. Why don’t you watch the Blu-Ray again and make notes on the world’s mightiest superheroes? You’ll beat your old score with ease next time!
If you correctly answered 11-20 questions…
Good work, special agent! You’ve nearly got the brainpower of Bruce Banner and Tony Stark, but there’s definitely room for improvement. Make the Avengers proud and tackle a little more training before you take the quiz again. You’re sure to get a higher score the second time around. Good luck!
If you correctly answered 21-30 questions…
Congratulations on your superb score! Are you best friends with Captain America, Iron Man and Thor? Well, you should be with all your awesome knowledge of the movie. You’re a Marvel mastermind and a superhero in waiting. Shield could use an agent like you.
• WIN! WIN! WIN!
To celebrate the release of The Avengers on DVD and Blu-ray, Marvel Studios is giving away a fantastic prize to the biggest SA Avengers fan.
You could win a grand prize of a full 3D home entertainment system (3D Blu-ray player, surround sound system, 3D TV and 3D glasses) plus The Avengers 2D/3D Blu-ray disc, and four other exclusive 3D Blu-ray titles.
One runner-up in each region where Tonight is published could win Marvel’s The Avengers limited-edition six-film collection Blu-ray pack.
To be in line to win, make sure you get your hands on a copy of Tonight every Friday this month and answer the four questions, which will be published next Friday (September 28). You will find the answer in the Avengers stories, published every week.
Please do not send multiple e-mails, one is sufficient.