• Divas Unleashed cabaret show at Morula Casino and Hotel, Razoo’s Entertainment Show Bar, Molefe Makinta (Lucas Mangope) Highway, Mabopane. 10pm and 11pm. Free. Tel: 012 799 0000.
• Rands and Naira Affair with AB Crazy, Addo, Cheezeboy, Hunose and Tyga at Blue Room, cnr Festival and Arcadia sts, Hatfield. Admission TBA. 8pm. Tel: 072 436 5949.
• The Black Cat Bones, Azurdee, The Blue River Band and Jack Valve at Café Barcelona, shop 24, Elardus Park Shopping Centre, cnr Delmas St and Barnard St, Elardus Park, Pretoria. R60. 8pm. Tel: 012 345 3602.
• Not Fragile at Acoustic Cafe, Trinity Village Centre, Knoppiesdoring St, Randpark Ridge. 9pm. Free. Tel. 011 794 9309.
• Phases of Mirah at Olive Tree Branch, 2nd floor, Yarona Mall, cnr Watt Ave and 3rd St, Alexandra. R80. Visit: http://olivetreetheatre.wix.com/showing
• Friday the 13th at The Doors Nightclub, 19 van Riebeeck Ave, Edenvale. 8pm. Free if dressed to theme, R10 half-dressed to theme (favorite cult classic character), R20 students and ladies, R30 guys. Tel: 011 453 7673.
• Friday the 13th at Arcade, Arcade Empire, 265 The Highway St, Equestria, Pretoria East. Line-up includes Desmond and the Tutus, Christian Tiger School, Shout Hey!, Nomadic Orchestra, The George, Noka Kikulu, Kid Robot, Doctor Khumalo and Drop Your Drink. 7pm. R60. Tel: 087 980 3531.
• Melanie Scholz Quintet at The Orbit – Home of Jazz, 81 de Korte St, Braamfontein. 8.30pm. R100. Tel: 011 339 6645.
• Golden Animals at Town Hall, 66 Carr St, Newtown. 8pm. Tickets R120 pre-sale at www.web tickets.co.za, R140 at the door. Tel: 082 332 5772.
l Nomadic Orchestra, a Balkan Fusion dance band, in the Capital Craft Beer Festival at Voortrekker Monument, Eeufees Rd, Pretoria. 10.30am to 6pm. R120 at www.ticibox.com (includes a branded 500ml glass mug). Gates open 10.30am to 6pm. R120 at the gate (does not include glass mug, plastic mug will be provided). Visit: www.capitalcraft.co.za.
• The Samoochies, Lesse op Vrydae and LA Fires at Café Barcelona, shop 24, Elardus Park Shopping Centre, cnr Delmas St and Barnard St, Pretoria. R40. 8pm. Tel 012 345 3602.
• Armin van Buuren’s Armin Only Intense tour at Coca-Cola Dome, cnr Olievenhout Ave and Northumberland Rd, North Riding. 8pm. General R600, VIP R1 000, platinum R2 350 at Computicket. Tel: 011 794 5800.
• Louis Mhlanga, Jimi Indie, Riaan van Rensburg with Kathy Raven and Ben Amato at Radium Beer Hall, 282 Louis Botha Ave, Orange Grove. 9pm. R80. Tel: 083 542 1044.
• Dave Abbott at Ngwenya Glass Village, off Beyers Naude Dr and R114, Muldersdrift. 1pm. Admission TBA. Tel: 011 796 3020 or 073 357 2897.
• Capital Craft Beer after party at Arcade Empire, 265 The Highway St, Equestria, Pretoria East. The line-up includes Penthouse, Benson, Feed The Animals and Kid Robot. 7pm. R30. Tel: 087 980 3531.
• Deepgroove at Truth, Old Pretoria Rd, Midrand. Line-up includes Roger D’Lux, Pimp Squad, Metro Ticket, Andi Dill, Speedy, Andre Frauenstein, Stefan Viljoen and many more. 8.30pm. R70. Tel: 011 315 9295.
• Cold Fact at Saloon Route 66, Hartbeeshoek Rd, Hartbeespoort Dam. Tel: 083 372 8118 or 083 261 2602.
• Kinky Robot, Animals in Suits, Man by Nyte, The Mitten Fits, Roy Gluckman, Dream Horse, Jobergies, The Apollo and Under the Influence at Mark’s Park, Judith Rd, Emmarentia. Tel: 011 486 6011 or 076 722 4381.
• Peter B at Ngwenya Glass Village, off Beyers Naude Drive and R114, Muldersdrift. 1pm. Admission TBA. Tel: 011 796 3020 or 073 357 2897. And tomorrow.
• Sunday Skyline Sessions at Randlords, 22nd floor, South Point Towers, 41 De Korte Street, Braamfontein with Ryan Dent, Craig Massiv, Guy Herman, Nick Essential, Keren Onay, Whitey D’Vine, Metro Ticket and Reanto Rodriguez. R150.
Tel: 011 489 1930.
• Pacawa at Rumours Rock Lounge, Cornelius St, Weltevreden Park. R40. Tel: 083 2889741.
• Wikus Botma and Lee at Café Barcelona, shop 24, Elardus Park Shopping Centre, cnr Delmas St and Barnard St, Elardus Park, Pretoria. R40. 8.30pm. Tel: 012 345 3602.
• The Flo Band at Café Barcelona, shop 24, Elardus Park Shopping Centre, cnr Delmas St and Barnard St, Elardus Park, Pretoria. R40. 8pm. Tel: 012 345 3602.
GIG OF THE WEEK:
Da Les album launch
Da Les, perhaps the only active member of the now-defunct hip hop outfit Jozi, is back with a solo album. Titled Mandela Money,
it will be launched at the posh Sandton club, Taboo. The rapper will be supported by his best buddies, AKA and Khuli Chana.
Other talent to look out for will be Dimplez and Pretty Filthy. The show will be held under the CiroctheWeekend. This means you’ll be popping bottles as if
you were in a Diddy music video.
Although Da Les doesn’t drop albums as often as his peers, when he does you feel the difference as he aims for classic hits.
In the past he has given us great songs like We’re On Fire and Tippy Toes so you know he will have a few songs that will last until the next album drops.
The man has done well for himself over the years by performing alongside the likes of Kelly Rowland, Rick Ross, T-Pain and 2Face, to mention a few.
In the year that he starred in Tropika Island of Treasure, he won the R1 million which must have boosted the quality of his project. If you are in his close circle you will know Da Les holds some of the best all-white parties and this year Mandela Money songs will be all you will hear at them. – Munya Vomo
• The show starts at 9pm and admission is yet to be advised. Tel: 021 433 0347.