Advertisement
logoSections

Fox, hubby haunted by assault case

London - Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green have been awarded $620 from a photographer who sued the couple for assault.

Paparazzo Delbert Shaw had alleged the former 'Beverly Hills 90210' star hit him after he was "egged on" by wife Megan as they holidayed Hawaii in December 2010 and wanted compensation from them.

Brian Austin Green and Megan Fox at the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday January 13, 2013 in Beverly Hills, California.Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP. Credit: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP

However, a Los Angeles judge has now ruled Shaw has to pay the couple $620 towards their legal fees, although they had initially requested $2,475.

But the $25,000 lawsuit, which was filed last March, is still being fought.

Shaw's attorney, Sark Ohanian, was in court yesterday (15.01.13) and while he objected to the $620 in sanctions, the judge stuck to her ruling.

Ohanian also claimed Megan and Brian had been trying to cover-up their role in the fight.

He told the court: "They are trying to paint my client as a reckless paparazzo and none of the discovery is focused on the incident. We haven't been trying to hide the ball on anything."

Shaw claims Brian hit him in the face and tackled him to the ground as he took pictures of the couple after Megan said to her husband: "Are you going to let him get away with that?"

He also accused Brian of throwing his iPhone into the ocean.

He's suing for alleged assault and battery, infliction of emotional distress, conversion, false imprisonment, conspiracy and negligence.

Brian and Megan - who welcomed their first child together, Noah, into the world last September - "categorically" deny the allegations, saying Brian was merely defending himself from Shaw.

Although the alleged incident happened in December 2010, the lawsuit wasn't filed until 15 months later and the couple's lawyers have previously claimed the statute of limitation is up. - Bang Showbiz

SHOW ALL
Advertisement