One-stop quality & comfort sportswear destination
Britain's Prince Andrew is "grateful" after the police apologised for holding him at gunpoint.
The Duke of York was stopped by armed officers in the gardens of Buckingham Palace in London and told to put his hands up and get on the ground after they mistook him for an intruder just two days after the arrest of a man on suspicion of burglary inside the palace last week.
In a statement, the Duke said: "The police have a difficult job to do balancing security for the Royal Family and deterring intruders, and sometimes they get it wrong.
"I am grateful for their apology and look forward to a safe walk in the garden in the future."
Police reportedly quizzed the 53-year-old royal for half a minute before realising who he was, but according to the Sunday Express newspaper, the prince was "livid" about the incident and "tore them off a strip".
The Metropolitan Police said in a statement: "In light of media reports we can confirm that the man spoken to by officers was the Duke of York. We are making this public with HRH's permission.
"We are grateful to the duke for his understanding and have apologised for any inconvenience caused."
Meanwhile, security at the palace has been tightened after Victor Miller was arrested on suspicion of burglary, trespassing and criminal damage, while a second man was also arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle.
A source said previously: "Everyone is talking about these two incidents and can't quite believe what has happened.
"The fact this guy was able to wander off unchallenged and not be spotted by anyone is bad enough - to then mistake the Duke for another intruder is almost incomprehensible."