Style that still lets the bride shine...
Britain's Prince Philip has been released from hospital on Saturday.
The Duke of Edinburgh - who had been admitted with a bladder infection earlier this week - was allowed to leave the King Edward VII Hospital in central London in time for his 91st birthday on Sunday.
Philip was in typically blunt form, telling reporters who asked him if he was feeling better. “I wouldn't be leaving here if I wasn't.”
However, he paid tribute to the staff who cared for him, shaking hands with them all as he left and thanking them for caring for him during his five day stay.
Philip then climbed into the front passenger seat of a Land Rover Discovery vehicle before being driven away from the hospital, with a police escort.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: “His Royal Highness left hospital today. He continues to improve and he will now continue his convalescence at home.”
The spokesman added the duke would be spending his birthday “privately”.
Philip was taken to hospital after spending hours on a ceremonial barge in rain and a cold wind as part of a flotilla of 1,000 vessels on the River Thames to mark Queen Elizabeth's landmark Diamond Jubilee.
Royal aides said he was treated with antibiotics and made good progress during the week. - Bang Showbiz