Los Angeles - Perennially troubled actor Charlie Sheen said on Tuesday that the hit TV series Two And A Half Men, on which he starred for years, is “cursed”, after one of its stars called the show “filth”.
Sheen, who was sacked from the comedy show last year following his own public meltdown, was speaking as the show's producers remained tight-lipped about how they will deal with the outburst by actor Angus T. Jones.
“With Angus's Hale-Bopp-like meltdown, it is radically clear to me that the show is cursed,” Sheen told People magazine, referring to the fiery comet.
Nineteen-year-old Jones, who reportedly earns $350 000 an episode playing the character Jake in the show now starring Ashton Kutcher, attacked the programme after apparently undergoing a religious revelation.
“If you watch Two And A Half Men, please stop watching Two And A Half Men. I'm on Two And A Half Men, and I don't want to be on it,” he said in a video posted by the Forerunner Christian Church on YouTube.
“Please stop watching it; stop filling your head with filth. Please,” he said in the video.
Jones signed up for a new one-year contract in May for the show - from which Sheen was sacked after he gave a series of increasingly erratic and explosive interviews about the show's producer, Chuck Lorre.
Sheen - who portrayed hedonistic jingle writer Charlie Harper - was replaced by Kutcher on the top-rated comedy series, which has been a hit since it was launched in 2003.
The show's makers have so far declined to comment publicly on the young actor's outburst.
Paul McGuire, a spokesperson for Warner Bros, which produces the show along with CBS, said on Monday: “We are not commenting on the comments made by Angus T. Jones.” - Sapa-AFP