CLOSE X
Advertisement

Hotel pool leave tourists with sinking feeling

Travel News

London - Dozens of British holidaymakers are bringing legal action against a holiday firm after they fell ill after swimming in a pool they claim was contaminated.

Visitors who booked with First Choice to stay at the four-star Holiday Village Be Live hotel in Tenerife suffered sickness and diarrhoea due to what they believe were unclean pools.

Share this story
Hotel website screenshot

The pools in the 518-room hotel have been regularly closed over the past month after guests complained people had been defecating in them.

Bosses at the hotel in the resort of Costa Los Gigantes have now closed all the pools to have them chemically treated to try to stem the sickness.

Nick Harris, of holiday claim specialists Simpson Millar solicitors, said he had been “swamped” with calls from guests who had fallen ill in the resort.

Tracey Galloway, from Dundee, said both her sons caught cryptosporidium, a gastro parasite, after taking a dip in one of the pools and one has since lost a stone in weight.

A spokesperson for First Choice said it was working with the hotel management to solve the problems. She added that customers had been offered compensation and those still at the resort were given the use of other pools.

Share this story
Advertisement
X