5 things to know about Tesla's CEO
CAPE TOWN - South African born billionaire, Elon Musk is vested in business ventures that may well surprise you. Take a look at how he became one of the most powerful businesses men around.
The business magnate started from humble beginnings and is now reportedly worth R277.3 billion.
THE FACT SHEET:
1. Musk co-founded his first company, Zip2 with his brother, Kimbal Musk in 1995. Zip2 made him a millionaire in his twenties when it was sold for R4.3 billion to Compaq.
2. He then went on to found 3 additional companies, X.com, SpaceX and Tesla Motors. Financial services company, X.com was acquired by eBay for R21.5 billion in 2002.
3. In 2012, Space X launched a rocket that would send the first commercial vehicle to the International Space Station.
4. In 2013, Musk advanced his innovation by introducing a new form of transportation, Hyperloop.
5. In 2016, Musk solidified a R37.3 billion deal to combine his electric car and solar energy companies. This deal involved Tesla, which announced an all-stock deal purchase of SolarCity Corp., a company Musk had helped his cousins start in 2006
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE