* There is no substitute for hard work and passion.
* As a woman it is important to learn how to defuse a situation and when to stand your ground.
* Invest in relationships and consistently produce good work.
* There are no quick routes - keep investing, especially in your intellectual capital.
* Reading fiction is critical to help you better understand people.
* Be engaged - know what is happening around you and surround yourself with different people.
* Be patient - settle into the journey and unpack your bags, because there is a long road ahead of you.
* Remember that life is unpredictable - if you don't face failure or adversity from time to time, then your dreams are not big enough or you are not trying hard enough to realise them.
* One can never underestimate the value of support from family and friends and strong mentors - they are your best cheerleaders.
* We can all do anything we set our minds to. The key is to surround ourselves with the right people and to be resilient.
* Take pride and place effort in mentoring and uplifting other women.
- African Bank.