Cape Town - Independent Media has an exciting opportunity for CSC, Information Technology and Design graduates who will be involved with the digital part of the business.
Do you want to learn whilst working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in digital media?
The duration of the internship is 12 months and applicants must be committed to the internship for the full duration.
Successful interns will be paid a stipend and placed in our Cape Town business units from 1 December 2016 to 30 November 2017.
The successful applicant must:
* have a relevant tertiary qualification in digital media technologies, information systems, web or app development, design, computer science or a related field
* Must have a strong passion for technology within any of the following competencies:
- JAVA development
- WordPress development
- Business Analysis
- User Interface Design
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Graphic/ Visuals Designer
- Quality assurance and testing
- App development and other digital skills
* be interested in print, online, mobile and digital media
* be able to work under pressure in a demanding environment
* be innovative and creative
* be tech savvy
* be committed to the programme for the duration of the internship from 1 December 2016 for 12 months.
* Able to take the initiative
* Ability to research information and learn quickly
* Ability to work alone and also in a team environment
* Work well under pressure
* Good communication skills (written and verbal)
* An aptitude for design
* Planning skills
* Determination to solve problems
* Attention to detail
* Critical thinking
* Be familiar with computer programming languages
* Be up to date with new web technologies and trends
Independent Media is committed to Employment Equity and Affirmative Action.
Interested applicants who meet all the criteria must submit a detailed CV before the close of business on Friday, October 21, 2016.
Send your email to Lucien Jacobs: lucien[email protected]
If you have not heard from Independent Media within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.