CAPE TOWN - With the Raging Bull Awards ceremony fast approaching, we profile one of the key speakers at the pre-awards investment summit, chief economist at Economists.co.za, Mike Schussler.
The Raging Bull Awards honours the leaders of the South African collective investment schemes industry. Since 1997, the event has honoured and celebrated top performers across sectors.
This year, for the first time, the Raging Bull Awards includes an investment summit on the day of the gala evening event. Speakers include Nhlanhla Nene and President of the Association Black Securities and Investment Professionals (ABSIP), Sibongiseni Mbatha.
Schussler will lead a discussion on radical economic transformation.
An economist by profession, he has led national dialogue on employment and household issues. His insights in academia have led to economic measurement indices and management tools such as Transport Cost Adjustment and Logistics indices, the Bankserv Africa Transaction index and the ABSA SMME Index.
He will be speaking about what radical economic transformation means and what interpretation will best take South Africa and the economy forward.
1. Schussler studied a B.Com Economics degree from 1980 to 1992 at the University of Johannesburg.
2. He then went on to study a Master of Commerce in Economics from 1980 to 1987 at the University of Johannesburg.
3. Mike attended AAA School of Advertising from 1990 to 1991.
4. He worked at FBC Bank Limited for 4 years.
5. He served as an economist at T Sec for 7 years.
6. He then became director of a leading private economic research house in South Africa.
7. In 2006, he became the owner of the research house, Economists.co.za
8. Schussler has over two decades of experience in his profession.
9. He has been awarded Economist of the Year, twice.
10. He is one of three economists to have won the competition more than twice in the past 25 years.
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE