CAPE TOWN - From a poor upbringing to being appointed the role of Ramaphosa's new economic adviser, Trudi Makhaya has made her mark in the business world, now it is the political world.
Trudi is more than just your average businesswoman. She is a writer, economist and entrepreneur.
Here are a few facts about Trudi Makhaya:
1. Trudi Makhaya grew up in Hammanskraal, in Gauteng.
2. She matriculated in 1996, from St Barnabas College in Bosmont.
3. The new economic adviser holds an MBA and an MSc in Development Economics from Oxford University, where she studied as a Rhodes Scholar.
4. She also holds an MCom in Economics, obtained from the University of Witwatersrand and has an Honours degree in economics and a BCom in Law and Economics.
5. Between 2010 to 2014, Trudi was an economist and a member of the executive committee at the Competition Commission of South Africa
6. In 2015, she founded an advisory firm focused on competition policy and entrepreneurship.
7. Makhaya has served as an advisor and angel investor in young companies and held non-executive directorships at Vumelana Advisory Fund and MTN South Africa.
8. Trudi has also held various management consulting and corporate roles at Deloitte South Africa, Genesis Analytics and AngloGold Ashanti.
9. The accomplished writer was also a columnist for Business Day and Acumen.
10. She also lectured a course on competition and regulation at Wits University.
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE