5 ways to use your mobile to run your retail business
CAPE TOWN - Higor Torchia, the Country Manager for Vend EMEA has given some great tips on how to run your retail business from your mobile.
Torchia argues that one can l earn new tips to increase efficiency, streamline your tasks, and set yourself up for retail success from your mobile device.
The manager said that mobile technology has revolutionised the way modern society does business and permanently changed the retail landscape.
"This innovative tech has made retailers’ lives easier in a myriad different ways. It’s freed them from having to constantly be in the store, allowed them to save time by automating tasks that were once entirely manual, and given them easier access to performance data that enables them to grow faster and increase success," Torchia said on Tuesday.
Torchia said that " even though tech and mobile devices are inseparable from our contemporary way of life, it can still be difficult to know how to fully take advantage of everything they have to offer when it comes to your operations."
The whole point of using mobile devices to run your retail business is to make your life easier, to allow you a better work-life balance and to foster adaptability and flexibility within your professional operations, the manager said.
Here are the 5 tips that can help you run your retail business from your mobile device:
- Do business in the cloud - This gives you more flexibility; streamlines your operations; lets you work remotely when needed; and minimises the potential for oversights and human error.
- Integrate different applications to reduce double-entry -This results in less manual work and makes your job easier by virtue of simplification.
- Empower your team with apps that make their jobs easier - Help your employees help you by providing them with effective tools, such as Vend’s free mobile inventory barcode scanner app: Scanner by Vend.
- Use mobile-friendly reports and dashboards - This enables you to check on your business from wherever you are, increasing your flexibility and adaptability.
- Cut the cord: opt for mobile-friendly hardware - Create a better experience for your customers by bringing the checkout to them.
BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE