How do you know if you’re the type of person who can go it alone in their own business? Here are five tell-tale signs that you're a born entrepreneur.
- You can’t imagine doing the same thing every day. As early as you can remember, you’ve wanted to be your own boss and do something out of the ordinary. You love change and like the idea of having the power to improve things, and make a difference.
- You started young. Whether it was selling lemonade at the side of the road, or washing cars in the neighbourhood. If there was an opportunity to make money and solving a problem or meeting a need, you went for it!
- You are a bigger-picture person. It's easy for you to look at things with the end in mind. You don't get stuck or overwhelmed by what's in front of you - as you always keep the bigger picture in mind. The end result drives you to success.
- You aren't intimidated by challenges. Finding solutions and solving problems excite you. You're a confident decision maker and you always see the glass half full. You're determined and won't give up without a fight.
- Action is your middle name. Many people have business ideas, but not everyone has the guts to do something about it. You enjoy taking calculated risks and making things happen.
Emma Donovan is co-founder of Yellow Door Collective. Her opinions do not necessarily reflect those of IOL.