CAPE TOWN - WhatsApp is the one of the most popular messaging app in the world, according to statistics it has around 1.2 billion users worldwide.
The Facebook-owned company has stepped up its game and continues to constantly improve the app.
Here is a list of new WhatsApp features released this year alone.
1. Whats app 'delete for everyone' feature
This addition to the WhatsApp’s updates is the delete for everyone feature.
You are now able to delete messages sent to one person or a group.
ALSO READ: Now you can delete your What's App blunders
Whatsapp just got a whole lot more interesting. pic.twitter.com/VHRYDj9czV— Maps Maponyane (@MapsMaponyane) November 1, 2017
How it works:
1. Tap and hold the message you want to delete, then choose “delete” from the menu. You can delete multiple messages at once.
2. You must then choose “delete for everyone” in order for others not to see your message.
3. WhatsApp has warned that the messages won’t always be revoked, and you are still in danger of being mortally embarrassed.
2. New improved status feature
The new WhatsApp status feature replaced the old text form of status. The update now allows users to change their status to a short video or multiple photos that will automatically disappear in 24 hours.
3. Media sharing limit increased to 30
Sharing any news or photos is a common action we use WhatsApp for. The media limit was first at 10, and this increase to 30 was a welcome change by all users.
4. Two-step verification
This feature gave users as an optional security feature. Users are now able to securely verify their number when they install the app on a new device.
Users will have to provide a six-digit passcode (created by them using this feature) when registering their phone number with WhatsApp again.
5. Live Location feature
The Live Location sharing feature was announced on their blog that you’ll be able to share your location in real time with friends on your contact list.
How it works:
1.To use Live Location, you open a chat with a person or group.
2. Under “Location” in the attach button, tap “Share Live Location.”
3. You can set a timer for how long you want to share your location, and everyone you’ve chosen to send your location to can see where you are on a map in real time.
4. The feature also works if multiple people share locations simultaneously, as people’s icons will then appear on the same map.
WhatsApp promises users that, like all of its other messaging functions, location sharing will be end-to-end encrypted.
There is also a security measure on the timer. Users can choose to stop sharing their locations whenever, or let the Live Location timer expire.
WhatsApp now allows you to share your live location for a chosen amount of time , the person you sent it to can see your location on a map pic.twitter.com/C6uCVaL0E6— Rondell GT-Sealey (@RondellDSealey) October 22, 2017
WhatsApp live location feature is so cool 👍 pic.twitter.com/rfMneIpMtV— Harsh Agrawal (@denharsh) October 28, 2017
New WhatsApp update has live location sharing and you can choose how long you wanna share location for.— ∞Nina | نینا∞ (@nerdy_neener) November 2, 2017
RT to save a life. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/7uGFEgigqN
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE