CAPE TOWN – Apple has announced the release of the new watchOS 5.1.1 update, which fixes the last update’s issues with bricking users’ Apple Watches.
The latest watchOS update includes more than 70 new emoji released with iOS 12.1, new full-screen colour watch faces and support for group FaceTime audio for up to 32 people.
Here are the fixes that were implemented according to Apple:
- Apple Watch Series 4 automatically contacts emergency services if you are immobile for about a minute after detecting a hard fall.
- The watch will now also play a message that informs the responder that Apple Watch has detected a fall and shares your location coordinates when possible.
- Fixes an issue that could cause an incomplete installation of the Walkie-Talkie app for some users
- Resolves an issue that prevented some users from being able to send or receive invitations on Walkie-Talkie
- Addresses an issue where some previously earned Activity awards were not showing in the Awards tab of the Activity app for some users.
BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE