INTERNATIONAL - American software development company Niantic, announced new features for Pokemon GO and it falls under a concept called “research,” which includes daily tasks as well as actual story missions to make the game more interactive.
Field research has players getting a list of tasks from pokéstops, which involve simple objectives like catching specific monsters or engaging in battles.
The field research tasks have a daily structure to them which include:
1. Players will get a stamp each day they complete a task,
2. When they reach seven stamps, they’ll earn in-game rewards.
3. In some cases, that will include a rare encounter with one of the game’s legendary pokémon.
More interesting, though, is “special research,” which the developer says involves “story-driven activities that may be requested by Professor Willow himself, and will unfold as the trainer completes more objectives.”
The story will include a mythical pokémon Mew, which is also being added to the game.
It’s the biggest update to the game since December when Niantic introduced real-world weather conditions to Pokémon Go.
The new update will be available to players this week.
Just when you thought it laid to rest, the game is brought back to life.
Here are 10 interesting facts about Pokemon Go that will show you why the game is so popular.
1.The concept for the game happened in an April Fools' Day collaboration with Google, Satoru Iwata of Nintendo and Tsunekazu Ishihara of The Pokémon Company created a fake challenge called the Google Maps: Pokémon Challenge, just to see how big of audience would be interested.
2. Ishihara was a fan of developer Niantic, the development company's previous transreality game, Ingress, and saw the game's concept as a perfect match for the Pokémon series and thus a partnership was born to create Pokemon Go.
3. Niantic used the crowdsourced data from Ingress to populate the locations for PokéStops and gyms within Pokémon Go and data from Google Maps.
4. The game became the fastest game to top the App Store and Google Play, beating Clash Royale
5. The game was awarded five Guinness World Records in August 2016 including most revenue grossed by a mobile game in its first month earning $206.5 million ( R240, 271, 0100.00)
6. It also recieved the record for most downloaded mobile game in its first month getting 130 million downloads.
7. A report from SuperData Research ranked Pokemon Go as the 9th highest grossing mobile game of 2017, estimating its revenue throughout 2017 to be $890 million ( R10 354 251 100,00 )
8. After the game launched, Nintendo's stock price increased by 23%.
9. A bus in New York takes Pokémon players to Pokestops for $0.99 (R11, 52) , gyms for $24.99 (R291) and $49.99 (R582) for egg-hatching.
10. There is dating service meant for Pokemon Go players called “PokéDates”. The service matches users based on a questionnaire and then coordinates a time and a PokéStop to meet at.
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE