CAPE TOWN - Google has released a new payment service called Google pay which will combine previous services such as Google Wallet and Android Pay.
The company has big plans for Google Pay, promising that the service will be available when using Google products, including Chrome and Assistant. So far, the company has re branded the Google Wallet app and updated the design as Google Pay Send.
How it works:
1. The “Home” tab on the app will show recent payment activity, nearby local offers and stores and other information using Google’s card-style interface.
2. It has a “Cards” tab, which is where all your individual credit, debit, reward, and gift cards live.
3. Just like Android Pay, this service will allow you to use cards and payment information stored in Google Pay across a wide variety of apps and websites.
4. Google Pay will also work for transit in cities including Kiev, London, and Portland, although that depends a lot on where you live and what your city’s public transit looks like.
5. Google is also working on integrating its Venmo-like service from Google Wallet directly into the Google Pay app for the US and UK markets.
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE