CAPE TOWN - Facebook has added another feature to its platform which allows you to send 360-degree photos via the Facebook Messenger app.
In a statement on its official Facebook page, Messenger announced the new feature.
“Today, we've introduced the ability to send 360 degree photos and HD quality videos in Messenger to make your visual messaging experience richer, sharper and better. Simply send your 360 degree photo or HD video from your camera roll to any chat in Messenger to share moments as you've captured them.
To try out these new features, make sure to update your Messenger app to the latest version. Enjoy!”, said the statement.
There are a few ways to create a 360-degree photo:
- Take a panorama with an iOS device or Samsung Galaxy phone
- Capture a 360-degree photo on your phone using an app like Street View or Google Camera
- Take a 360-degree photo with a 360 camera, such as the Samsung Gear 360, RICOH THETA S, 360Fly, Giroptic 360 Cam or ALLie Camera
How it works:
- Select captured pictures
- Select the contact in Messenger that you would like to send the picture to
- Facebook will then convert the pictures to a 360-degree picture
- Click send
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE