CAPE TOWN - With just an added payment on banking, consumers can enjoy owning an exclusive bank card and relish the benefits on offer.
South Africa's four big banks provide certain customers with exclusive bank cards, ideally reserved for high-income earners and VIP customers.
Take a look at some of the most exclusive bank cards available in South Africa and what they have to offer.
Absa - Private Banking Card
Consumers who bank with Absa’s Private Banking service can choose between a Private Bank MasterCard Credit Card or a Private Bank Visa Credit Card. Each card has unique benefits.
Both cards are aimed at a unique customer. The “standard Credit Card package” has a general usage and allows for international trips. However, the "Exceller Package" offers exclusive reward programmes and benefits.
However, all cards on the service require that the holder earns a salary gross of R62 500 a month.
The perks afforded to the customer depend on the selected package. Some of these perks include:
- Personalised banker
- Concierge service
- 10 free trips on Take-Me-Home service
- Store lifestyle packs, personal health advisor, legal assist, and a doctor’s network
- Stockbroking services and access to international investment options through Barclays Wealth
- Unlimited free access to local Bidvest Premier lounges
FNB - Private Wealth Credit Card
FNB Private Wealth customers have the option of a number of accounts. However, what sets it apart it that it offers a unique incorporation of eBucks.
The account costs R425 per month as of 1 July 2017 and requires a minimum opening deposit of R100 000. This opening amount activates the account which must be maintained to continue earning interest.
The perks include:
- A Private Banker, lending, wealth management and Foreign Exchange specialists
- You earn Bucks
- No transactional fees
- Smartphones and tablets at discounted prices
- Free subscription to inContact
- An overdraft facility with instant access to your funds, as well as a linked, personalised interest rate
Nedbank – Private Wealth package
This exclusive package is only accessible to those who earn a minimum of R1.5 million per year or have R5 million of investable assets.
The benefits include:
- A private banker
- Free travel insurance
- Free access to Bidvest lounges at major domestic South African airports
- A concierge service
- Access to the Greenbacks reward programme
Standard Bank – World Elite card
Standard Bank offers a Platinum card to anyone who earns over R58 000 a month.
The exclusive World and World Bank Elite “Black” and “Metal” cards are offered to “discerning high-net-value individuals and their families”. The metal card, however, is offered on an invitation-only basis.
The details and pricing of these exclusive cards are not publicly disclosed and revealed to customers directly.
When assuming that the card offers similar rewards to the international MasterCard’s World Elite card, holders can expect insane perks, including:
- A 24/7 Concierge service.
- Free shipping on online purchases
- Free home sharing
- Complementary elite car rental
- Special travel offers
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE