CAPE TOWN - With just an added payment on banking, consumers can enjoy owning an exclusive bank card and relish the benefits on offer.
South Africa's four big banks provide certain customers with exclusive bank cards, ideally reserved for high-income earners and VIP customers.
Take a look at some of the most exclusive bank cards available in South Africa and what they have to offer.
Absa - Private Banking Card
Absa’s Private Banking service offers consumers a choice between a Private Bank MasterCard Credit Card and a Private Bank Visa Credit Card. Each card has unique benefits.
These cards are aimed at a different type of customer. The “standard Credit Card package” is aimed at general usage and international trips. However, the "Exceller Package" offers a number of exclusive reward programmes.
However, all cards on the service require that the holder earns a salary gross of R62 500 a month.
The perks afforded to the customer depend on the selected package. Some of these perks include:
- Personalised banker
- Concierge service
- 10 free trips on Take-Me-Home service
- A range of store lifestyle packs, and access to a personal health advisor, legal assist, and a doctor’s network
- Stockbroking services, including access to a number of international investment options through Barclays Wealth
- Unlimited free access to local Bidvest Premier lounges
FNB - Private Wealth Credit Card
FNB offers a number of accounts to its Private Wealth clients. However, what sets it apart it that it offers a unique incorporation of eBucks.
The account costs R425 per month as of 1 July 2017 and requires a minimum opening deposit of R100 000. This opening amount activates the account which must be maintained to continue earning interest.
The perks include:
- A dedicated Private Banker and access to a team of fiduciary, lending, wealth management and Foreign Exchange specialists
- You can earn Bucks at the highest possible rate
- No transactional fees
- Assistance with your travel arrangements such as booking flights, car rental and accommodation, Avis Point2Point transfers and complimentary Priority Pass membership so you can access over 700 airport lounges worldwide.
- Gifting services, sourcing of sport and event tickets, lifestyle experiences such as spa days, hot air balloon rides and luxury picnicking, dining reservations, golf bookings, and more through eBucks.
- Smartphones and tablets at discounted prices over a 24-month period with 0% interest , including special rates on some Apple products.
- Free subscription to inContact, which alerts you of activity on your account
- An overdraft facility with instant access to your funds, as well as a linked, personalised interest rate.
Nedbank – Private Wealth package
This exclusive package is only accessible to those who earn a minimum of R1.5 million per year or have R5 million of investable assets.
The benefits include:
- A dedicated private banker
- Free travel insurance
- Free access to Bidvest lounges at major domestic South African airports
- A concierge service which includes someone to make fine-dining reservations, and travel arrangements (booking flights, cruises, accommodation and car rentals)
- Access to the Greenbacks reward programme.
Standard Bank – World Elite card
Standard Bank offers a Platinum card to anyone who earns over R58 000 a month. It also has an exclusive credit card which is similar to the American Express Centurion account.
The exclusive World and World Bank Elite “Black” and “Metal” cards are offered to “discerning high-net-value individuals and their families”. The metal card, however, is offered on an invitation-only basis.
The details and pricing of these exclusive cards are not publicly disclosed and revealed to customers directly.
When assuming that the card offers similar rewards to the international MasterCard’s World Elite card, holders can expect insane perks, including:
- A 24/7 Concierge service.
- Free shipping on online purchases
- Free home sharing – Choose from 10,000+ high-end rentals in cities worldwide including New York, Los Angeles, Miami and San Francisco with onefinestay.
- Complementary elite car rental
- A number of special travel offers
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE