DURBAN - Black Friday is the day of shopping mayhem in South Africa and across the world, filled with long queues, crowds of people and its fair share of chaos.
As Black Friday rolls around on the 24th of November, shoppers should not only be mindful of the chaos but be aware of the best deals on offer and be smart about their shopping.
These are a few tips to ensure that you survive Black Friday this year:
1. Collect pamphlets or catalogues that show the items that are on sale. Make a list of the items that you need and carry that with you when you got the mall. This will ensure that you have a clear game plan of you want to achieve on the day.
2. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, this will allow you to shop as long as you want to without being affected by tired feet, it'll also aid you in beating your fellow shoppers to the isle of those great deals.
3. Get to the stores early, this is a no- brainer. When you arrive earlier you get better access to the stores. If you arrive late there are will be long queues to follow.
4. Go shopping on Black Friday with a good friend or a relative like your mother or your sister. They can wait in the long queue while you go around and shop for the groceries.
5. Be prepared to wait. There will be long queues to get into stores and long queues in the checkout line so either way, you will be waiting.
6. Budget well. Have enough money for everything on your list and then some. While shopping around you might find a great bargain. Budgeting well will allow you pay for everything on your list and still have some aside for that bargain.
7. Carry your store loyalty card with you. Stores may provide you with a further discount if you present your loyalty card at the checkout point.
- BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE