All the road closures expected for Cape Town Carnival
Cape Town - Temporary road closures will be in place around the CBD and Green Point to accommodate the Cape Town Carnival which takes place this weekend.
Residents and visitors are advised to take note of the temporary road closures which will be in place on Saturday 16 March 2019 to accommodate Cape Town Carnival event.
The following traffic restrictions will be in place:
- Public transport services that operate along closed or restricted roads for any portion of their routes may have some route deviations
- Normal scheduled bus services will be affected in Green Point and the CBD from 14:00 on Saturday 16 March 2019
- Parking restrictions will be enforced in residential areas adjacent to the Fan Walk from 00:00 (midnight) on Friday 15 March 2019 to 01:00 on Sunday 17 March 2019. Motorists are advised to obey the posted signage
- Vehicle access permit holders can gain access to the following controlled access vehicle corridors in Somerset Road:
- Between Upper Portswood and Vesperdene Roads
- Between Exhibition Terrace and Ashstead Road
- Between Highfield (including the Son Vida vehicle entrance gate) and Boundary Roads
Dedicated disability parking has been allocated at Gallows Hill. Only people with an official disability permit from the City will be allowed to park in this dedicated parking area.
Further details of the temporary road closures that will be in place are available here: http://bit.do/carnival-roadclosures